Time travel to the past or future

 Time travel to the past or future

At first I thought that I’d like to travel to the past, as I’m a nostalgic guy who loves his Beatles and ’67 Ford Mustangs.


But then I started thinking about the state of things in the present and was intrigued by what lies ahead for us. Will we ever realize we’re heading straight for the abyss? Will we be able to solve global warming? Will we need to leave Earth and find some other planet to start our lives again? And another scary thought: will AI take over control of the world eventually?




I must admit I’m quite pessimistic about the whole thing. We need a paradigm shift to start doing things differently, but that doesn’t seem to be round the corner. On the other hand, I have faith in young people. They’re starting to see things differently from my generation and those before. It won’t be easy because reactions against new ways of doing things are going to be strong. Too many people will lose money and privileges if the status quo is disturbed.

Ok, I’ll  try to end this post on a positive note, so I’ll mention some nice things we might have in a few more decades:

  • Electric vehicles all around
  • Sustainable everything
  • Greater equality in terms of social and economic opportunities




See you in the near future, anyway!

I hope these guys keep only dancing in the future too...

Comments

  1. legendary the beatles and classic cars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing the advances in future technology can be an interesting way to see how far we have come as a society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dancing robot dances better than me :c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the future will be great. And of course, more sustainable

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also intrigued for the future because it's really uncertain, I think it's all in the hands of the news generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way that AI advances really scares me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the video about human evolution, ends up terrifying for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool video about the robot... Do you think it can do the same with a cueca??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dance,and those robots dance well. Evolution has many theories, it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m also a little pessimistic about the future, that is why I prefer not to know what it holds for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate the positive note, all the things you hear about the future is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like to believe that in the future the socio-economic opportunities will be much better and that there will be flying cars hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best concert I've been to

My dream job