My dream job

 Ok, I’ll start by saying that I love my job as a teacher of English and feel lucky to get paid for doing it.

Having said that, my dream job would be as a restorer of classic cars. I love the way they look, sound, smell and move. Those awesome machines full of lights to turn on, buttons to push and levers to pull fill me with joy, and they can be relatively practical too!



The process of bringing them back to their glory days is fascinating. When you see them in perfect condition, it’s like a window into the past.



I also love learning about their historical context and about the people who drove them when they were new. There’s no elderly person I won’t ask about the car they drove when they were young. Sometimes, they think that’s an odd question, but they usually tell me some interesting story.

 


Also, if you’re good at it, you can make a decent living.

I don’t have enough skills as a mechanic, though. I should take a course or enroll in a night school program and become a certified mechanic. But then, when would I teach?

Here’s a picture of the last old car I had. Oh, how I miss it...



Comments

  1. Oh, so you're into classic cars! That's cool! There's some people that name their cars, did your old car had a name? Or you're not like that type of people hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That's a really nice car!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting to be able to work in the automotive field, specifically in olds cars, I wonder what specific car motivated you to start that profesional path!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really interesting how so many people always have a history about their first cars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! it is very interesting the history behind each classic car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh how interesting!! I don't know about cars but old cars are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I expected this Gustavo, you love the classic cars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a restaurateur is an art and you definitely have to love the job to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a beautiful car! My brother is works on a project to restore old cars and convert them into electrical, is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that old cars have more style and elegance than modern ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow it was a very cool car! I hope someday you can tell us its story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very interesting to know the stories of a person's first experiences with cars, I don't think it's a strange question.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old cars are awesome, I don't know much about this topic but I really like how they look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't love old cars that much, but I have to admit that the restoration process is amazing. There are some shows on the History channel about old cars, and those are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I just remembered those TV shows about fixing old cars, I'm sure you've seen it, it's pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always loved the cars in old movies. It's true that they are like a window to the past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best concert I've been to

Time travel to the past or future